We want to share with you the trends we see in the financial services industry, including important events and media input. As an agency, our goal is to help you. That is why we also post our financial PR and Marketing best practices and opinion articles as a resource for your company.
- By Heather Sugg, Account Supervisor and Regional Manager FinovateFall 2014 begins next month. Are you ready? This show marks the event’s eighth year, and it continues to debut the industry’s best new ideas. The convenience of New York tends to bring a stronger media presence, in addition to the analysts, investors, vendors and financial institutions that are all looking for a special edge. Read More
- What the financial industry can learn from ALS’ big marketing “splash” By Mary Cox If you haven’t heard of the ALS Association’s “Ice Bucket Challenge,” then you’re likely living under a rock. Between the more than 1.2 million videos shared on Facebook, the 2.2 million Tweets, segments on national programs like NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallen and The Read More
- Our agency recently participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. We believe increasing awareness about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is an important cause. We dedicate this to our founder, Bill Mills, who passed away in 2012 due to ALS. Seventeen of our team members participated, including CEO William Mills and President Scott Mills. In addition to getting drenched, we made a donation to the ALS Association to support ongoing research.
- By Scott Mills, President and Principal of William Mills Agency In the mid-1970s, there were hundreds of companies offering core banking platforms, in fact, Association for Financial Technology or AFT started as an association to serve those companies. Since then, most of those companies have faded away, many through consolidation. Providing a core platform and support services has grown increasingly Read More
- In today’s social world, your brand may be pulled into highly sensitive debates By Heather Sugg In the world of finance, perception is reality. Managing a public reputation can provide challenges, particularly when a corporation is comprised of many employees and has close relationships with partnering companies. These individuals and corporations can define your brand through their professional and personal Read More
- According to the Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefing: Digital Trends for 2014 a study based on a global survey of more than 2,500 marketers and internet professionals, content marketing is the single most exciting opportunity for B2B marketers. For companies marketing to financial organizations, creating stimulating content which engages and educates your potential clients is the key to generating leads and Read More
- WMA Corner Office Interview with Churchill Mortgage Corporation CEO, Mike Hardwick Recently, William Mills Agency had an insightful conversation with Mike Hardwick, CEO of Churchill Mortgage, in which he shared his views about public relations in today’s mortgage industry and why PR is critical to an organization’s success. 1. The housing market is arguably one of the most cyclical businesses. What Read More
- Scott Mills, President of William Mills Agency, provides a definition of content marketing and how public relations and content marketing work together. The video below further explains how content marketing helps prospects find your company online while also engaging your audience in the financial industry. For more information, download our white paper on Marketing to Banks.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency, discusses how marketing has changed in the past 10 years and what the future of marketing looks like in the financial industry. 20th century marketing process are out of date in today’s market because buyers are in control of the buying process. For more information, download our white paper on Marketing to Banks.
- The Association for Financial Technology’s Fall Summit will be raising its registration price soon. The registration price will leap from $1495 to $1595 for AFT members and from $2120 to $2220 for non-members, after July 14th. The summit, on the theme, “Where Your Roadmap to Success Begins,” will be held from September 14-16 at The Greenbriar at White Sulfur Springs, Read More
- The financial industry can learn valuable PR lessons from Target By David Jones In early July, the company invited controversy when they requested that gun owners not bring their guns into stores, even in states where the open carrying of firearms is legal. In a statement released July 2, Target said: As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has Read More
- Scott Mills sits down with Sean Banks, Partner at TTV Capital, one of the few venture firms focused exclusively on investing in technology-enabled financial services companies. Sean explains TTV's interest in the financial technology and payments markets and what makes a company an attractive investment. Watch the video below for the full interview.
- Content marketing and public relations may seem like two different animals, but in reality, these two teams are made for each other. Content marketing consists of many activities, including overseeing marketing automation software, building landing pages, creating blogs, developing white papers, publishing emails and pursuing a prominent social media presence, which are all important to creating awareness, enhancing your brand’s Read More
- WMA Corner Office Interview with Malauzai CEO, Tom Shen Recently, Bevin Wallace had an interesting conversation with Tom Shen, CEO of Malauzai. See below for his insightful responses on public relations. What role has PR played in the launch/success of your company? PR has played a pivotal role in the initial launch and continued success of our company by helping Read More
- By Jerry Goldstein, Recently our agency had the pleasure of hosting Serena Ehrlich, director, Social & Evolving Media at Business Wire, at our offices for an update on “All Things Social.” We have made distribution of the news via social media a priority since the emergence of the channel more than five years ago. Yet, we still find many B2B Read More
- The financial services market is ever-changing, not unlike other markets in today’s digital age. The way financial institutions are evaluating products and services has evolved with the increased use of the Internet and easy access to information. Buyers research products and services long before engaging providers, and most of that research is conducted online.
- Driving a large number of visitors to your company’s website and converting them to leads requires a high page rank for targeted keywords being used by prospective customers in their search for financial products and services. Staying on top of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices can be daunting due to continuous revisions in search engine algorithms by Google and the impact of social media and mobile devices.
- Public relations takes your message and bring it to the public. It helps you influence prospects, customers and investors. What you need to know is that all PR firms are different. If you are deciding to choose a new partner for PR, there are 7 key elements to take into consideration to find out which company fits with your organization.
- In many cases, yes; however if you choose the right meeting and execute the appropriate strategy, they can be an enlightening and engaging environment. By Kelly Williams Trade shows are expensive: booth creation, exhibit fees, shipping, travel, employee time, promotion, entertainment and more make your participation in a conference an important proposition. It is your expectation and strategy that determines: Read More
Interruption at Atlanta Press Club Luncheon with Fannie Mae Chairman – Stalls Conversation on Housing ProgressBy Blair Logan, Senior Vice President I had the opportunity to catch the new Fannie Mae Board Chairman, Egbert Perry’s appearance as the guest speaker at a recent Atlanta Press Club Newsmakers Luncheon. If you are local to Atlanta, Paula Hovater and her team do a great job of coordinating these and ensuring top quality guest speakers – I highly Read More