We want to share with you the trends we see in the financial services industry, including important events and media input. As an agency, our goal is to help you. That is why we also post our financial PR and Marketing best practices and opinion articles as a resource for your company.
- By Mary York Cox, Account Supervisor at William Mills Agency At last week’s 14th annual Auto Finance Summit 2014, hosted by RoyalMedia, hundreds of industry leaders gathered in Las Vegas to discuss the trends and issues impacting the auto finance community. The CFPB continues to be a huge focus. In fact, publications passed around and exhibit booths at the summit Read More
- By Sarah Wroble, Account Supervisor at William Mills Agency “Just work and listen to what the audience is responding to…Keep that and throw out everything else.” -Joan Rivers This sound advice Joan Rivers gave to young comedians can also be applied to virtually any career in any industry. Joan knew the impact of truly connecting with her audience by picking Read More
- Steven Ramirez speaks with Jim Breune, one of the founders of Finovate to get his thoughts on themes from this year's show as well as his vision of Finovate from the beginning.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc review the standouts of FinovateFall Day 2 including Kabbage, Yodlee and CrowdFlower.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc discuss the strangest presenters at Finovate as well as the most memorable companies of Day 1.
- William Mills Agency and Beyond the Arc will be live blogging at FinovateFall. Check back for new updates throughout the day. If you missed our commentary yesterday, you can catch up on Day 1 of Finovate. Steven J. Ramirez is CEO of Beyond the Arc, Inc. The company helps clients to strengthen customer experience and to deploy data science and Big Data Read More
- Steven Ramirez speaks with Jonathan Rowe, CMO of nCino, to discover his thoughts on his first Finovate experience. Live Blog at FinovateFall 2014: Day 1 Live Blog at FinovateFall 2014: Day 2 Video Recap: FinovateFall 2014 Day 1 Morning Video Recap: FinovateFall 2014 Day 1 Afternoon
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc discuss how Finovate has changed over the years and what makes this Finovate different from those in the past. Live Blog at FinovateFall 2014: Day 1 Live Blog at FinovateFall 2014: Day 2 Video Recap: FinovateFall 2014 Day 1 Afternoon FinovateFall Video Interview: Jonathan Rowe, CMO Read More
- William Mills Agency and Beyond the Arc will be live blogging at FinovateFall. Check back for new updates throughout the day. Steven J. Ramirez is CEO of Beyond the Arc, Inc. The company helps clients to strengthen customer experience and to deploy data science and Big Data analytics to make marketing and operations more effective. Their social media data mining Read More
- Your company’s website is essential for increasing brand awareness and for lead generation: the ultimate goal of your marketing activities. Your website acts as your storefront digital. Just as potential customers walk by and evaluate a business on its physical storefront, today’s customers often base their first impression of your business on your website. There are three key elements to Read More
- Four lessons learned for effective crisis communication that can apply to FinTech companies By Mary Cox A few weeks ago, the Huffington Post’s co-founder, Kenneth Lerer, posted an article titled “The End of SeaWorld,” outlining the reasons why the company is “finished,” as he put it. SeaWorld’s stock took a serious hit last month and park attendance is down 4.3 percent Read More
- By Heather Sugg, Account Supervisor and Regional Manager FinovateFall 2014 begins next month. Are you ready? This show marks the event’s eighth year, and it continues to debut the industry’s best new ideas. The convenience of New York tends to bring a stronger media presence, in addition to the analysts, investors, vendors and financial institutions that are all looking for a special edge. Read More
- What the financial industry can learn from ALS’ big marketing “splash” By Mary Cox If you haven’t heard of the ALS Association’s “Ice Bucket Challenge,” then you’re likely living under a rock. Between the more than 1.2 million videos shared on Facebook, the 2.2 million Tweets, segments on national programs like NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallen and The Read More
- Our agency recently participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. We believe increasing awareness about amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is an important cause. We dedicate this to our founder, Bill Mills, who passed away in 2012 due to ALS. Seventeen of our team members participated, including CEO William Mills and President Scott Mills. In addition to getting drenched, we made a donation to the ALS Association to support ongoing research.
- By Scott Mills, President and Principal of William Mills Agency In the mid-1970s, there were hundreds of companies offering core banking platforms, in fact, Association for Financial Technology or AFT started as an association to serve those companies. Since then, most of those companies have faded away, many through consolidation. Providing a core platform and support services has grown increasingly Read More
- In today’s social world, your brand may be pulled into highly sensitive debates By Heather Sugg In the world of finance, perception is reality. Managing a public reputation can provide challenges, particularly when a corporation is comprised of many employees and has close relationships with partnering companies. These individuals and corporations can define your brand through their professional and personal Read More
- According to the Quarterly Digital Intelligence Briefing: Digital Trends for 2014 a study based on a global survey of more than 2,500 marketers and internet professionals, content marketing is the single most exciting opportunity for B2B marketers. For companies marketing to financial organizations, creating stimulating content which engages and educates your potential clients is the key to generating leads and Read More
- WMA Corner Office Interview with Churchill Mortgage Corporation CEO, Mike Hardwick Recently, William Mills Agency had an insightful conversation with Mike Hardwick, CEO of Churchill Mortgage, in which he shared his views about public relations in today’s mortgage industry and why PR is critical to an organization’s success. 1. The housing market is arguably one of the most cyclical businesses. What Read More
- Scott Mills, President of William Mills Agency, provides a definition of content marketing and how public relations and content marketing work together. The video below further explains how content marketing helps prospects find your company online while also engaging your audience in the financial industry. For more information, download our white paper on Marketing to Banks.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency, discusses how marketing has changed in the past 10 years and what the future of marketing looks like in the financial industry. 20th century marketing process are out of date in today’s market because buyers are in control of the buying process. For more information, download our white paper on Marketing to Banks.