We want to share with you the trends we see in the financial services industry, including important events and media input. As an agency, our goal is to help you. That is why we also post our financial PR and Marketing best practices and opinion articles as a resource for your company.
- The Association for Financial Technology’s Fall Summit will be raising its registration price soon. The registration price will leap from $1495 to $1595 for AFT members and from $2120 to $2220 for non-members, after July 14th. The summit, on the theme, “Where Your Roadmap to Success Begins,” will be held from September 14-16 at The Greenbriar at White Sulfur Springs, Read More
- The financial industry can learn valuable PR lessons from Target By David Jones In early July, the company invited controversy when they requested that gun owners not bring their guns into stores, even in states where the open carrying of firearms is legal. In a statement released July 2, Target said: As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has Read More
- Scott Mills sits down with Sean Banks, Partner at TTV Capital, one of the few venture firms focused exclusively on investing in technology-enabled financial services companies. Sean explains TTV's interest in the financial technology and payments markets and what makes a company an attractive investment. Watch the video below for the full interview.
- Content marketing and public relations may seem like two different animals, but in reality, these two teams are made for each other. Content marketing consists of many activities, including overseeing marketing automation software, building landing pages, creating blogs, developing white papers, publishing emails and pursuing a prominent social media presence, which are all important to creating awareness, enhancing your brand’s Read More
- WMA Corner Office Interview with Malauzai CEO, Tom Shen Recently, Bevin Wallace had an interesting conversation with Tom Shen, CEO of Malauzai. See below for his insightful responses on public relations. What role has PR played in the launch/success of your company? PR has played a pivotal role in the initial launch and continued success of our company by helping Read More
- By Jerry Goldstein, Recently our agency had the pleasure of hosting Serena Ehrlich, director, Social & Evolving Media at Business Wire, at our offices for an update on “All Things Social.” We have made distribution of the news via social media a priority since the emergence of the channel more than five years ago. Yet, we still find many B2B Read More
- The financial services market is ever-changing, not unlike other markets in today’s digital age. The way financial institutions are evaluating products and services has evolved with the increased use of the Internet and easy access to information. Buyers research products and services long before engaging providers, and most of that research is conducted online.
- Driving a large number of visitors to your company’s website and converting them to leads requires a high page rank for targeted keywords being used by prospective customers in their search for financial products and services. Staying on top of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices can be daunting due to continuous revisions in search engine algorithms by Google and the impact of social media and mobile devices.
- Public relations takes your message and bring it to the public. It helps you influence prospects, customers and investors. What you need to know is that all PR firms are different. If you are deciding to choose a new partner for PR, there are 7 key elements to take into consideration to find out which company fits with your organization.
- In many cases, yes; however if you choose the right meeting and execute the appropriate strategy, they can be an enlightening and engaging environment. By Kelly Williams Trade shows are expensive: booth creation, exhibit fees, shipping, travel, employee time, promotion, entertainment and more make your participation in a conference an important proposition. It is your expectation and strategy that determines: Read More
Interruption at Atlanta Press Club Luncheon with Fannie Mae Chairman – Stalls Conversation on Housing ProgressBy Blair Logan, Senior Vice President I had the opportunity to catch the new Fannie Mae Board Chairman, Egbert Perry’s appearance as the guest speaker at a recent Atlanta Press Club Newsmakers Luncheon. If you are local to Atlanta, Paula Hovater and her team do a great job of coordinating these and ensuring top quality guest speakers – I highly Read More
- Finovate Spring 2014 was a huge success this week. William Mills and Steven Ramirez live blogged both days. To view the blogs visit Finovate Spring 2014 Live Blog Day 1 and Finovate Spring Live Blog Day 2. Below is a video of Steven Ramierez of Beyond the Arc and his thoughts on Finovate Spring 2014 day two presentations featuring customer Read More
- William Mills Agency and Beyond the Arc will be live blogging at Finovate Spring. Check back for new updates throughout the day. If you missed our commentary yesterday, you can catch up on Day 1 of Finovate. Steven J. Ramirez is CEO of Beyond the Arc, Inc., The company helps clients to strengthen customer experience, and to deploy data science and Big Read More
- William Mills Agency and Beyond the Arc will be live blogging at Finovate Spring. Check back for new updates throughout the day. Steven J. Ramirez is CEO of Beyond the Arc, Inc., The company helps clients to strengthen customer experience, and to deploy data science and Big Data analytics to make marketing and operations more effective. Their social media data Read More
- The financial services industry is a unique market and requires a strategy for creating a leadership position if you are to be successful in selling to banks and credit unions. Marketing to financial institutions is not a one size fits all approach. Today’s landscape consists of large financial institutions, regional and community banks and credit unions. There are different tactics for selling into these markets, but there are also common
- By Scott Mills, President and Principal of William Mills Agency Well maybe it’s not exactly Yale’s Skull & Bones society, but AFT does represent a small and influential group of companies that control most of North America’s banking and payments technology…and it has a surprisingly low profile. Established in 1972 as an association for core data processors, AFT has evolved Read More
- The 11th annual report gives you a snapshot into the financial industry and explores trends for the coming year. This is a powerpoint presenting the highlights of the report. Bankers as Buyers is a collection of research, observations and articles regarding technology solutions and services that U.S. bankers will buy in 2014 & the changing financial industry landscape.
After Shocking Opening from CFPB’s Antonakes, Compliance Remains Top of Mind at MBA’s National Mortgage Servicing Conference & Expo 2014At last week’s Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) National Mortgage Servicing Conference & Expo 2014, more than 1,200 industry leaders gathered in Orlando, Fla. to discuss the road ahead for the servicing market. With servicing in a state of transition – largely due to a substantial increase in regulations and procedures – attendees were on the hunt for solutions and best practices to equip them for the future and adhere to
- Allowing your company to be “media ready” is another vital aspect of creating an easily accessible environment for your client to connect with you. The media are your friends and you want to take their calls. The FinTech industry is a thriving space to simultaneously grow relationships with clients, and the media, using the same approach.
- Public relations programs vary widely depending on the type of organization and industry. Large multi-product organizations have a different perception of PR from smaller start ups. Large corporations demand a process-driven approach to project management, execution and reporting.