We want to share with you the trends we see in the financial services industry, including important events and media input. As an agency, our goal is to help you. That is why we also post our financial PR and Marketing best practices and opinion articles as a resource for your company.
- Parallels between PR and online dating By Sarah Wroble, account supervisor, William Mills Agency Match. eHarmony. Tinder. OkCupid. Hinge. The list of online dating sites and apps is endless. Today, one in ten American adults is registered with an online dating service in their quest to find their match. But that doesn’t mean those millions of people registered online would Read More
- By Blair Logan, Senior Vice President While many of our clients in the credit union industry already work with – or are at least familiar with – Credit Union Service Organizations (CUSOs), many others are unfamiliar with the CUSO landscape and why it is important to their business. Some regard CUSOs as large credit unions or think of CUSOs as Read More
- Using images to boost your financial PR program By Sheryl Gudelsky, Senior Account Agent It has now become common for William Mills Agency associates to receive requests from editors and reporters along the lines of, “Is there an illustration you can provide along with the article?” Or, “Do you have any graphics to support this piece?” Some publications are seeking Read More
- By William Mills Today’s economic environment seems a bit like old times, doesn’t it? For those who didn’t live through those heady times, the “Dot Com” days created the Internet Bubble that grew through the 1990s and peaked in March of 2000. I can’t begin to describe the mania of those times – a friend of mine in Silicon Valley Read More
- What the FinTech industry can learn from the top five PR crises of the year By Mary Cox, Account Director, William Mills Agency Crises are all too familiar for the FinTech industry. From data breaches to hefty fines imposed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – and let’s not forget the great financial crisis of 2008 – PR practitioners in Read More
- By Charlyne H. McWilliams, Account Supervisor at William Mills Agency We have seen it happen time and time again. A fresh new company that has received a new round of funding or venture capital and/or had a successful Crowdfunding campaign now wants a huge media blitz for its launch. The management team wants all the bells and whistles to propel Read More
- By David Jones, Account Supervisor at William Mills Agency While many people love to complain about the work politicians do once they’re in office, elections provide a great testing ground for communication strategies. The public nature of election cycles means that successful politicians must hone their communication strategies and consistently deliver them for months at a time. And they have Read More
- By Jerry Goldstein, Senior Vice President The recently published research report B2B Content Marketing 2015: Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends – North America written by Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs has a number of interesting data points and paints a picture of the current state of the union for CM. Since the beginning of the year, I routinely speak with Read More
- By Bevin Wallace, Account Supervisor at William Mills Agency I think my dog Molly is one of the Top 10 Cutest Creatures Ever. From her preciously lopsided ears to her perfectly curled tail, she is the best. She runs like a cheetah and sleeps as sweetly as a baby in an Anne Geddes photo. Not to mention all of the Read More
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc examine Visa’s keynote, the future of data and security and the impact of technology on customer experience at Money20/20.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc discuss the big topics of the day including Bitcoin and big data at Money20/20.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc discuss the first few impressions of the day at Money20/20 2014.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc discuss their expectations for Money20/20 2014.
- By Mary York Cox, Account Supervisor at William Mills Agency At last week’s 14th annual Auto Finance Summit 2014, hosted by RoyalMedia, hundreds of industry leaders gathered in Las Vegas to discuss the trends and issues impacting the auto finance community. The CFPB continues to be a huge focus. In fact, publications passed around and exhibit booths at the summit Read More
- By Sarah Wroble, Account Supervisor at William Mills Agency “Just work and listen to what the audience is responding to…Keep that and throw out everything else.” -Joan Rivers This sound advice Joan Rivers gave to young comedians can also be applied to virtually any career in any industry. Joan knew the impact of truly connecting with her audience by picking Read More
- Steven Ramirez speaks with Jim Breune, one of the founders of Finovate to get his thoughts on themes from this year's show as well as his vision of Finovate from the beginning.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc review the standouts of FinovateFall Day 2 including Kabbage, Yodlee and CrowdFlower.
- William Mills, CEO of William Mills Agency and Steven Ramirez, CEO of Beyond the Arc discuss the strangest presenters at Finovate as well as the most memorable companies of Day 1.
- William Mills Agency and Beyond the Arc will be live blogging at FinovateFall. Check back for new updates throughout the day. If you missed our commentary yesterday, you can catch up on Day 1 of Finovate. Steven J. Ramirez is CEO of Beyond the Arc, Inc. The company helps clients to strengthen customer experience and to deploy data science and Big Data Read More
- Steven Ramirez speaks with Jonathan Rowe, CMO of nCino, to discover his thoughts on his first Finovate experience. Live Blog at FinovateFall 2014: Day 1 Live Blog at FinovateFall 2014: Day 2 Video Recap: FinovateFall 2014 Day 1 Morning Video Recap: FinovateFall 2014 Day 1 Afternoon