Stay up-to-date with host of social, mobile and Google changes impacting search
Driving a large number of visitors to your company’s website and converting them to leads requires a high page rank for targeted keywords being used by prospective customers in their search for financial products and services. Staying on top of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices can be daunting due to continuous revisions in search engine algorithms by Google and the impact of social media and mobile devices.
Unlike many pure SEO consultants, our agency’s approach to improving SEO results has always been centered upon the fundamental focus of content. We create straightforward and compelling content of interest to the financial media and markets. We understand that Content is truly the King and do not try to artificially beat the system. Our SEO best practices have always included:
- Committing to research applicable long tail keyword phrases that will drive visitors;
- Embedding those keyword phrases appropriately within our press releases in order to build credible links back to your website; and
- Using social media professionally, as a way to promote the sharing and maximize the visibility of your content.
Google’s release of its Hummingbird algorithm in September of last year created significant changes. “Google’s goal with Hummingbird is to provide more highly targeted results based on the meaning of the entire search phrase, not each individual keyword.”* Combined with changes to its algorithm provided by its Penguin release in 2012, there is a decided focus on eliminating the use of unnatural links within press releases designed to trick the system for calculating page rank.
Our partner, Business Wire, has released A Guide to Press Release Optimization (http://go.businesswire.com/guide-to-press-release-optimization#.U35GiZRdVr5) that contains 10 Tips for creating press releases that conform to the current guidelines established by Google. You will find additional detail about the fundamental processes our agency has recommended and uses in the creation of press releases for our clients. In addition, you will find guidance on the emerging changes that are impacting the calculation of page ranks for your keywords, including:
- Adding calls-to-actions (CTAs) within your press releases that point to landing pages, which can be created using today’s inbound marketing automation software such as HubSpot or Marketo;
- Ensuring your website uses responsive design for mobile devices so that visitors can easily find and read your content; and
- Using a range of multi-media, photos, illustrations and video, as a part of your traditional press release.
We encourage you to read Business Wire’s Guide to Press Release Optimization or contact William Mills Agency to learn more about this topic.